Monday, January 18, 2016

The Revenant movie in review

One of my favorite scenes in The Revenant was towards the end as DiCaprio hid from the bad guy. That was really clever. Overall, however, the movie brought a lot of stuff with it including some really great usage of CGI. Watching the movie truly feels as though you're in there yourself. You're effectively immersed into the scene. Did you know that it was filmed all during daylight? Those spectacular scenes, though. Wow. It was an interesting movie through. I'm amazed at what people are able to get away with in movies, given that this was a western. The bear scene was so CGI, isn't it? Yeah, I didn't know for sure either. DiCaprio was supposedly not even the best part of the movie. I'm not sure what they were referring to. There are definitely scenes in the movie which make you wonder, "how'd they do that?" although I'm sure many of us might be able to figure that one out. The movie goes to show that even when there's a group of good people around, there can also be a bad guy there too. After watching the movie, and also during the movie as well, I was pretty much petrified of just how realistic a lot of it looked. The actors themselves were really realistic in particular just because they actually made me feel scared. Yeah, maybe it does sound crazy. However, I would be scared to meet some of those actors. At least that's what I've been thinking about the movie itself, perhaps meeting the actors wouldn't be so tragic after all. It's pretty difficult imagining myself that I'm just witnessing some actors doing things on a stage...oh wait, they weren't were they? Ha! We can laugh about that one, can't we? And as always, those sound effects were really something! Would I watch it again, however? Yeah, I guess I would. And as always, on to the next major motion film, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment