Wednesday, January 27, 2016

A new idea!

Today I received a new idea. It entered my head and I decided to do something about it. I was inspired by some comments today to write about waterscapes. What?! you heard that right. When I got thinking about taking photos of some water, such as ponds (one of my personal favorites btw), my creativity then started to develop. I thought to myself, couldn't we pick a spot and come back to it multiple times a year? I've seen this time lapse before in which the person had taken well over 10,000 images for his project, in which each image was taken at various times of the year. Then, upon playback, I noticed something astounding. The sun actually moves across the frames, just like what you'd expect if you just sped up a video recorded from dusk till dawn! How amazing is that!? So we could take some photos of a body of water each season; and the number of images can be WELL OVER that of what we're used to, as is evidenced by what I just wrote! There may be only a small number of seasons in a year; however, we can still take several photos throughout the year of the same place and they will all look different. And not just in terms of perspective. Even having the camera in a stationary position will produce images that differ each time! Not only will you get summer and winter...but you would also get days that are cloudy, partly cloudy, sunny, overcast, foggy, etc. This lends us a whole range of possibilities for taking pictures of reflections! And this is just one of those things I would rally try out some day. The whole idea of even taking multiple pictures a day sounds really tantalizing, well...given that your camera will be weatherproof! And like I've written before, time lapse is not the only way to show the passage of time. Instead of playing back the images like a slideshow, you can also arrange each image together into a gridlike pattern. Then you would need to place the images in the right order, for the "whole composition" to make sense, so that the flow of time is correct that is. This is just an idea. I've never actually gotten the opportunity or time to try these things out, though I have to admit these do sound really cool. After all, I've even been interested in obtaining three dimensional photos without using photo software. This would not even require any special 3d monitor/glasses; sounds like Science fiction, doesn't it? And combining that 3d vision with the sense of time, and it gets really interesting...

No comments:

Post a Comment