Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Must Read; Tech VS The Brain

Technology can be quite impressive. First of all, I'd like to simulate eyesight someday; I'd like a camcorder with a bajillion pixels to equal human eyesight. Then work on making it slow motion; I'd like to make it so much so that there would be a significant, or noticeable, difference. In other words, we could see that it can capture data at a faster rate than what our eyes are capable of. After that, things would probably go impossible. They'd probably be impossible long before that, as we were ever wanting to match the video quality with that of our eyes' resolving ability (Note, I used RESOLVING ABILITY & not RESOLUTION; that would imply that our eyes work just like a camera sensor, in that they would contain pixels; they contain rods and cones instead). Developing the technology is virtually impossible. Anyways... For the sake of explanation, let's assume that we were able to do just what I'm trying to describe. So let's just assume that we were able to develop this technology to be able to capture in even MORE detail. And let's further say that this equipment also has this ability: to see more frames per second than what our eyes process (let's not confuse fps, as that refers to digital, not our brain's processing method- yet, that is pretty good at describing what we're talking about). Wow! What would the result show us? And what if sometime in the far flung future, people are actually able to develop such eyesight to match that ability? See, there problem is this... Can we even imagine these things? Well, we can't, according to how we visualize the world. In other words, our eyes have their limits as to what our mind and our visual system is capable of achieving. In fact, it is even the brain itself that has its limits. If our eyes, or even our senses as whole can't possibly perceive something, how about our brain? In other words, can our imagination do that for us; does it possibly have the potential to take over from where our senses start to fail? Well, one thing that I know for certain is the fact (borderline between fact & opinion) that our own imaginative power is unmatched over what our senses have the ability to accomplish. Yet, as I've just written, what I'm trying to get across is my realization that comparing the brain to our very own senses themselves is truly mysterious; and it is also a paradoxical topic for just that reason. And to this I won't go into further detail because I still have quite a lot to learn. Thinking back to what I've written about the human senses, technology itself cannot do everything either. After all, we are noticing that as technology is becoming ever more advanced. And those limitations will only become ever more evident, or noticeable as the future progresses. Camera technology such as the one I've just described previously is a part of what I would consider a paradigm shift. Because it would allow us to experience something that is downright unimaginable as well as paradoxical. And that is, in one way or another, just my way I thought about it. (Or am thinking this way about it)
Please think about these things. And write your thoughts. Please include your thoughts on these subjects that I write about. At the least, please leave some suggestions, comments, and/or anything that could potentially lend something of further insight. You could decline. I just wanted to let everybody know though that thinking alone about these is pretty uneventful in life. I have nobody to talk about these things because we are much too occupied. Without others input however, I won't get very far. All of these wonderful ideas, and only to become lost to the space of things; And yet so many other people will go ahead, drowning out my thoughts.
Now I am extremely compelled myself; to write some more about current electronics. One of the most popular trends by people on the internet currently has to do with this simple question: "Nikon or Canon?" This is both a great and horrible question to ask. Great, because for all practical reasons, nobody actually knows. Many of us think we know, however I highly doubt that anyone on this world actually knows with certainty. Horrible, because it's so well... popular!So I would like to suggest my take on this question in particular. I would also like to take on other cameras of the current market. That's what I'm compelled to do. I am thinking about writing on various categories of cameras that there are. Or, I may just write about the specific models from each Of the types themselves. I am sorry about the autocorrect issues. What's probably the most important at this point is the fact that, on this last sentence, I actually got the word autocorrect...RIGHT!!!! And as always, stay intrigued my friends

No comments:

Post a Comment