Friday, February 12, 2016

How do we see things better throughout the EM spectrum?

Remember my last post in which I though up a camera which could take multi spectral images using very narrow slices of the spectrum? Could we create a camera that is able to could color code each band of wavelengths so as to translate them into a modified color image? For example, we could record one image that's 450-451 nm, 2nd @ 144-144.1nm, and  3rd @ 725-750 nm. Then we would assign a color to each one so it translates differently into our color spectrum. We could create a normal image and overexpose it before we derive a specific spectrum from it, so that the final is properly  exposed. Just an idea. And as for the full spectrum camera, I'm also thinking that it could have a feature to allow it to assign an RGB profile to IR, color, and UV. That would be really neat. OR better yet would be if we could isolate multiple, individual slices of the UV, IR, and or visible spectrum. Then we could keep them. We would choose three of them, and assign a color for each so that we could easily see what the results are showing. Interesting, isn't it?! The reason for why I'm thinking about it is that I would love to experiment with this type of technology sometime in the future, maybe even create it myself. Sometimes I just don't know what I'm thinking about. I'm just trying to make sense of what I know. Stay intrigued, my friends! I was not afraid to spill the beans (secret knowledge) that I hold on to, so share your ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment