Tuesday, September 1, 2015

"Metaphysics"

Intro
Welcome to Metaphysics. Let's explore the topic of physics, psychology, and everything in between. In fact, let's also get into the controversial paranormal realm. When it comes to paranormal, I don't think there's nothing paranormal about life, but I'm also a skeptic.
I'm an avid researcher into things that involve science & the mind. I think it's quite interesting that you can, perhaps, learn about metaphysics just by studying physics or psychology alone. Well, I enjoy studying all three. Learn about the mind & physics, separately, I have found something quite interesting about the two. Each subject is equally as interesting, as each is equally as mysterious as the other. Just as we don't know if we'll ever know everything that has to do with the human mind, we might never know everything that has to with physics. After all, how we can know everything about our mind, for example, if in order to obtain this knowledge, we are using our mind itself to do the thinking. I consider this as a kind of paradox, if it ever was one. But, are physics influenced by the mind, as opposed to the mind being controlled by the laws of physics? How much do we really know about our minds? Well, very recently I just picked up a physics book which I haven't read in about five years or so. I started reading more into the double slit experiment. This is an experiment in which, photons are emitted. They are then recorded. They are sent again, but this time that are not recorded. Only the resulting pattern generated is recorded, in order to confirm whether the photons act as either a wave, or a particle. As paradoxical as this may seem, there's some real science to it. The book that I'm reading on this subject is called The Fabric of The Cosmos, written by Brian Greene. I really enjoy the way which he writes in explaining what our universe is like at the quantum level. The interesting part about it is that as I read the book the first time in years, a few hours ago I was watching Through The Wormhole. Don't you just love those kinds of shows? I think our society is, in general, getting pretty good at identifying what kinds of mysteries the world, & the universe are dishing out there. It really is something to wonder about. So, to get back to the story, the episode I was watching was dealing with time travel. One of the questions that's explored in the show is this: Does the future influence the past? That's quite an intriguing question in my opinion. I've been thinking about this topics for quite a while. And then, I started reading The Fabric of The Cosmos and guess what the topic was? That's right. "Do future events influence the past?" In fact, I also started reading about other aspects of time. One of these was the notion of erasing time. Another includes the notion of shaping time. I'm still trying to get around the idea of erasing time. Specifically, what it exactly means. Nonetheless, when I fully figure it out, I'll be glad to give an update. On the other hand, shaping time, according to the book, is an even more exotic concept. I've just started reading about this. Anyway, this includes modifying the double slit experiment by marking the photons, in order to have one go right, and the other go left. This involves changing their spin to point a certain way. From what I've read so far, this experiment produces even more amazing results. Anyway, let's sum up the double slit experiment. Is it really paradoxical? This regards the experiment without the markers. Well, actually no, it isn't. In fact, the photons travel as both waves & particles. By the end of the experiment, we see that either they have created interference, or behaved as particles. What we record is the pattern that is more pronounced. I think I'll leave it at that. For more info, I would recommend picking up a copy of the book The Fabric of The Cosmos.
The mind
I've heard some fascinating stories of the human mind. I really wonder, can psychology explain paranormal phenomena? The reason the paranormal theory, or realm as some may call it, is so intriguing, is because many stories are perplexing. I've personally heard such stories. One of them has to do with a haunted trailer in Jackson, MI. Supposedly, the man who lived in the trailed before choked someone. Well, a close friend of mine, who majored in phsychology, happened to live there. She didn't know about the incident in the past. According to her, one night she was being choked, & had felt a hand on her neck. She couldn't make a noise. Then she started hitting her boyfriend, after which he noticed she was in trouble. After the incident, some research was done into the history of the trailer. Turns out that people living there in the past have had the same experiences. Believe it or not, this also included her boyfriend. However, as many may know, there are countless other stories out there in the real world that all relate to one, great question. If we can't explain something using common knowledge (such as science or psychology), does that mean it can't be true? Of course, many, perhaps all, rationally minded people, would think so. However, my friend who I just told you about, does admit to things which she's experienced- things that just fall short of explanation, at least for all the knowledge she has for psychology. I always like to find explanations for things. At the same time, I'm open minded. This is because I've had my own experience. (Link, more info)  Yet, alternative science, such as metaphysics, would answer a whole bunch of questions. Ever wonder why psychics are often times so successful? Well, I was very intrigued after I read about the supposed relationship that the future has with the present, or past. According to what I've heard about psychics, they have the ability to describe crime scenes in unbelievable detail, although they themselves don't have any outside knowledge of the events. So, what kind of science could possibly explain such mysteries? Well, I myself can tell you quantum physics is quite strange, although it's not made up in any way. So I think this would be one of the best candidates into exploring what's called the paranormal world. If the future does, in fact, influence the past, then that could support some perplexing scientific theories. And if you really think about these theories, you may come to a perplexing conclusion... Is our reality, perhaps, even stranger, than what we call the supposed paranormal world? If intuition &/or paranormal happenings are real, perhaps we are living in a world, which is being controlled ENTIRELY by some kinds of advanced society. In other words, maybe we are living in some kind of simulated reality? This idea may sure sound far-fetched. However, if you take into account the strangeness of the world, this theory would almost certainly answer many questions. Could these just be glitches, whether intentional or accidental?
Do our thoughts or emotions themselves have any influence on the physical world? Now that's what I call alternative science. I'll update on this topic, as in the future I'll be learning about this much more. As for now, I've submitted my story to a discussion thread. More info

No comments:

Post a Comment