Saturday, April 14, 2012

March 15, 2012

I will blog about this date because it caused some unusual weather. March was unusually warm this year, with temperaures in the US being over 30 degrees above the previous record high for March. This unseasonable warmth caused a massive storm here in Michigan March 15. It caused 1.75 inch hail and at least three tornadoes. I remember walking home out from school this day watching the towering cumulus clouds. I knew there would be a storm when one of the clouds kept growing. When I got home I could see the impressive storm cloud to the east and even though it was quite far away by now, I could smell the rain. It was the kind of storm that happens here in summer, definitely not in March. Here is a satellite image of the storm:

No comments:

Post a Comment