Friday, September 16, 2016

New Camera Technology Can Record Stars

I was just wondering about this technology yesterday, before I actually knew about it. I was wondering, whether or not it would ever be possible to record video under only starlight. Today I find out that new camera technology can record stars. I know that you might want such technology, and I guess it would be able to achieve some interesting discoveries in low light. I don't want a camera that can make video of the night sky; I want to build such a camera! This is exactly the kind of technology which I would use for astronomy, by having the camera be attached to a telescope. Even though this technology seems impressive, it is still in it's most primitive stage. I think it's important to see the night sky in slow motion. So far, we have discovered interesting things which exist in the microscopic world for instance. Telescopes have allowed us to discover things that exist well beyond Earth. Merging astronomy with slow motion, would maybe make us discover things that happen which we don't even know about, in the skies above us. https://www.dpreview.com/news/6951279684/recording-video-of-the-perseid-meteor-shower-with-the-canon-me20f-sh

No comments:

Post a Comment